Before applying for a program support grant, please pay careful attention to our funding parameters below.
We do not fund:
- Projects that do not have a charitable or educational purpose
- Political lobbying or legislative activities
- Non-U.S. organizations or entities
- Capital campaigns, endowments or debt reduction
- Brick and mortar construction projects
- Indirect costs or overhead expenses
- Institutions that discriminate, in policy or in practice, on the basis of age, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, race, religion, marital status, disability, veteran or other legally protected status
In addition, there are certain areas and activities that do not fit our current funding priorities and objectives and that we are not accepting grant applications for. These include:
- Start-up programs
- Projects that are directed primarily to children 3+ years of age
- Purchase of equipment including computers, tablets, hearing screening technology, hearing aid loaner banks, etc.
- Fundraising events and sponsorships
- Projects that duplicate or serve the same function as an existing program in the community — instead, focus on collaborative efforts with established organizations.
- Activities that would duplicate Hearing First activities, such as:
- creation of professional training materials and programs;
- development of family or professional groups or communities; and/or
- creation of pamphlets, brochures or digital media intended to raise awareness of LSL or of particular programs and services.