LOIs for Spring 2018 Grant Cycle have closed. Full applications will be invited by Feb. 1, 2018
The Foundation’s strategy is to support and empower families throughout their journey to achieve listening and spoken language (LSL) outcomes for their children who are deaf or hard of hearing through: awareness, education, connections, collaboration and access to resources.
For the Spring 2018 Program Support Grant cycle, we are seeking applications for projects that will assist us in achieving our goals to:
- Invest in and support access to listening and spoken language (LSL) early intervention resources and activities, with a particular focus on expanded availability and underserved areas; and
- Reach families of children who are deaf or hard of hearing with information about the family journey.
Information Applicants Will Be Asked to Provide:
- We want to know more about the family journey in each community and will ask applicants to provide:
- A graphic representation of the journey families typically follow;
- Information about how the applicant’s organization fits into that journey;
- Information about the other organizations and agencies families typically encounter along their journey and the role each plays; and
- How the work of the community supports early identification and early intervention in order to meet a family’s desired outcomes for language development and literacy.
- We are looking for projects that will increase the availability of LSL services to children and families and will ask applicants to provide:
- Information on the need in the community (i.e. how many children 0-3 are estimated to be deaf or hard of hearing in the community);
- Information on how many children 0-3 who are deaf or hard of hearing the applicant is currently providing LSL services to; and
- Applicant’s plans to increase the number of children 0-3 currently being served to better meet the need in the community.
- We are looking for community collaborators and will ask applicants how they are partnering within their community with other organizations and agencies, both those offering similar services and those offering different services, so that families are fully supported throughout their journey.
- We are looking for innovative and sustainable models to meet the need and will ask applicants to provide:
- Applicant’s vision of the future;
- Outcomes for children in applicant’s program;
- Information about the planned activities for the proposed project;
- Plans for evaluating the success of the project;
- Applicant’s overall finances, budget for the project and sources of revenue;
- Applicant’s staff, capacity and resources for carrying out the project; and
- Commitment to the project from applicant’s leadership team.
Key Dates in the Application Process
- Interested applicants submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) during the first month of our semi-annual grant cycles (Spring and Fall).
- Learn more about our online application process and login.
- Download a chart with important dates relating to our Semi-Annual Grant Cycles.
- For the Spring 2018 cycle, the LOI form will be available through our online application system between December 1, 2017 and January 2, 2018.
- Invitations to submit a full application will be extended by January 31, 2018.
- The full application will be available through our online application system by February 1, 2018.
- The application deadline is February 28, 2018.
- Decisions will be made by April 30, 2018, and grant agreements will be sent by mid-May to successful applicants.
Questions about the grant process or the current cycle? Contact:
Amy Newnam, Associate Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org