The Spring 2020 Grant Cycle is now closed. Grant awards will be announced by April 30, 2020.
The Foundation’s strategy is to support and empower families throughout their journey to achieve listening and spoken language (LSL) outcomes for their children who are deaf or hard of hearing through: awareness, education, connections, collaboration and access to resources.
For the Spring 2020 Program Support Grant cycle, we are inviting applications for projects that will improve families’ access to coordinated LSL and audiology services for their children 0-3.
Information Applicants Will Be Asked to Provide:
- We want to know more about the family journey in each community and will ask applicants to provide information on:
- The community’s referral network and how families are connected to services;
- How applicant’s organization is connected with families at the appropriate time; and
- How applicant’s organization works collaboratively with other organizations and agencies in the community to support families.
- We are looking for projects that will improve families’ access to coordinated LSL and audiology services for children 0-3 and will ask applicants to provide information on:
- The need in the community — how many children 0-3 are estimated to be deaf or hard of hearing, how many children 0-3 does applicant serve and how many children 0-3 are estimated to be served by the proposed project;
- The LSL and audiology services applicant provides and how applicant coordinates service delivery with other providers in the community; and
- Outcomes for children in applicant’s program.
- We are looking for innovative and sustainable models to meet the need and will ask applicants to provide information on:
- Applicant’s vision of the future;
- The planned activities for the proposed project;
- Plans for evaluating the success of the project;
- Applicant’s overall finances, budget for the project and sources of revenue;
- Applicant’s staff, capacity and resources for carrying out the project; and
- Commitment to the project by applicant’s leadership team.
Key Dates in the Application Process
- Interested applicants submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) during the first month of our semi-annual grant cycles (Spring and Fall).
- Learn more about our online application process and login.
- Download a chart with important dates relating to our Semi-Annual Grant Cycles.
- For the Spring 2020 cycle, the LOI form will be available through our online application system between December 1, 2019 and January 2, 2020.
- Invitations to submit a full application will be extended by January 31, 2020.
- The full application will be available through our online application system by February 1, 2020.
- The application deadline is February 28, 2020.
- Decisions will be made by April 30, 2020, and grant agreements will be sent by mid-May to successful applicants.
Questions about the grant process or the current cycle? Contact:
Amy Newnam, Associate Executive Director email@example.com