Applications for the Spring 2021 grant cycle are now closed. Grant recipients will be announced by the end of April.
The Trustees of the Oberkotter Foundation are committed to helping caring adults support infants and toddlers with hearing loss to have the same listening, spoken language and literacy opportunities as their hearing peers. We do so by supporting programs and projects that raise awareness and increase access to education, resources, hearing technology and coordinated services.
For the Spring 2021 Program Support Grant cycle, we invited proposals for projects that expand coordinated pediatric audiology and LSL intervention to more families of infants and toddlers (0-3) in more communities.
We are particularly interested in cost-effective delivery models that meet the needs of families and that can be scaled or replicated.
One-year planning grants may be considered for new projects or significant changes to existing service delivery models.
Information Applicants Will Be Asked to Provide:
- We are looking for projects that will increase families’ access to coordinated pediatric audiology and LSL intervention services for children 0-3 and will ask applicants to provide information on:
- Project Description – a description of the proposed project, the amount requested and identification of the activities the Foundation is being asked to fund;
- Coordination of services – the pediatric audiology and LSL intervention the applicant provides or collaborates with other organization(s) to provide and how services will be coordinated for families as part of the proposed project;
- Cost-effectiveness — the average annual cost and frequency of services that will be delivered to families as part of the proposed project;
- Timeline — a projected timeline for the activities of the proposed project; and
- Acknowledgement — an acknowledgment that the project has been reviewed and approved by the Executive Director (or equivalent) of the organization.
Application Process and Key Dates
- We run a two-stage application process, two times each year (Spring and Fall).
- During the first stage, interested applicants submit a proposal (called an LOI in our grantmaking platform) during the first month of a grant cycle.
- Proposals are reviewed and projects within our funding focus and interest are invited to proceed to the second stage where they will submit more detailed information (called the Application in our grantmaking platform)
- Learn more about our grantmaking platform and login.
- Learn more about our funding restrictions.
- Key Dates
- For the Spring 2021 cycle, the proposal form (or LOI) will be available through our grantmaking platform between December 1, 2020 and January 15, 2021. Note: we have extended the due date for this cycle to allow more time to develop details of the project and complete our revised form.
- Invitations to proceed to the second stage and to submit an Application will be extended by February 5, 2021.
- The application deadline is March 5, 2021.
- Decisions will be made by April 30, 2021, and grant agreements will be sent by mid-May to successful applicants.
Questions about the grant process or the current cycle? Contact:
David King, Grants Manager and Project Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org