Spring 2017 Grant Cycle is now in process.
Applications from Invited LOIs are due February 28, 2017.
For the Spring 2017 Program Support Grant cycle, we are seeking applications for projects that:
- Empower and support families of children who are deaf or hard of hearing to move quickly and confidently through their journey with their children from newborn screening into early intervention services; and
- Provide increased opportunities for significantly more families of children ages 0-3 to access listening and spoken language early intervention services in their community.
Information Applicants Will Be Asked to Provide:
- We want to know more about the family journey in each community and will ask applicants to provide:
- A graphic representation of the journey families typically follow;
- Information about how the applicant’s organization fits into that journey;
- Information about the other organizations and agencies families typically encounter along their journey and the role each plays; and
- How the work of the community supports early identification and early intervention in order to meet a family’s desired outcomes for language development and literacy.
- We are looking for projects that will increase the availability of LSL services to children and families and will ask applicants to provide:
- Information on the need in the community (i.e. how many children 0-3 are estimated to be deaf or hard of hearing in the community);
- Information on how many children 0-3 who are deaf or hard of hearing the applicant is currently providing LSL services to; and
- Applicant’s plans to increase the number of children 0-3 currently being served to better meet the need in the community.
- We are looking for community collaborators and will ask applicants how they are collaborating within their community with other organizations and agencies, both those offering similar services and those offering different services, so that families are fully supported throughout their journey.
- We are looking for innovative and sustainable models to meet the need and will ask applicants to provide:
- Applicant’s vision of the future;
- Outcomes for children in applicant’s program;
- Information about the planned activities for the proposed project;
- Plans for evaluating the success of the project;
- Applicant’s overall finances, budget for the project and sources of revenue;
- Applicant’s staff, capacity and resources for carrying out the project; and
- Commitment to the project from applicant’s leadership team.
Key Dates in the Application Process
- Interested applicants submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) during the first month of our semi-annual grant cycles (Spring and Fall).
- Learn more about our online application process and login.
- Download a chart with important dates relating to our Semi-Annual Grant Cycles.
- For the Spring 2017 cycle, the LOI form will be available through our online application system between December 1, 2016 and January 2, 2017.
- Invitations to submit a full application will be extended by January 31, 2017.
- The full application will be available through our online application system by February 1, 2017.
- The application deadline is February 28, 2017.
- Decisions will be made by April 30, 2017, and grant agreements will be sent by mid-May to successful applicants.